New Generation Orphan Care
A Child Care Ministry in UGANDA
Together we can make a difference and raise a new generation __________________________________________________
What to us is a small amount of money can be life changing for a young person struggling to survive in desperate poverty. Our observation from our own visits is that four elements are needed to make help effective.
- They must have a loving home where at least the bare essentials for survival are provided.
- They need literacy because without it they will only be able to do manual work for which the pay is often less than $1 per day.
- They should have at least basic medical care which is mainly about prevention of sickness.
- All this only really works if it builds on a foundation of Christian teaching which changes the way a society values the individual.
John Wandera’s programme which is centred in a town called Mbale in Uganda has all four dimensions to it. They serve to reach a large rural area of villages which have been devastated by HIV/AIDS and civil war. $35 per month is just enough to provide the following for each child:
- A very simple education
- A regular check from a nurse
- A school uniform and shoes
- At least one good meal a day
- Basic needs like a mosquito net, mattress and wash bowl.
This is all made possible by careful management where all the money you give goes to Uganda without deductions in New Zealand. A small team of very dedicated people manage the programme in that country at minimal cost. John and those in the team he leads are faithful people whose love for God and those they care for is abundantly obvious.
When you are interested in sponsoring a child we will send you information and a photo of the child. For our part, we will keep you in touch with your child’s progress at least once a year. The children love to hear from their sponsors and if you send a photo that is even better; you will have an honoured place on the wall of their little home. We will receipt your gifts. The bank account is in the name of Partners International (NZ); the ASB Bank account number is 12-3013-0078126-00.
For any other information, questions, concerns or if you would like to sponsor a child please fill out the form below.
Christine and Tony Hanne